Thursday, 29 January 2015

Image scaling

This is a script that has been resting on my desktop for months. Basically I would like to take my knowledge of image recognition with machine learning a step further and this is a simple step towards that direction.

The basic idea behind the script is to convert the image in a 0 and 1 format which is easier to process with machine learning algorithms. After I wrote the script, I found out there is a function in sklearn that does something similar, anyway I thought I could share the piece of code I wrote, perhaps it could be useful to someone.

This the image I started with

ot

By using the following script we can convert the image in a more manageable format


This is the result we obtain, A and B respectively


f


Only numbers between 0 and 1 are used in the picture A above while the picture below uses only 0s and 1.1



For sure we loose some information, however this is just a raw script, perhaps I can do better in the future. However, this is a rather complicated image (not to mention the fact that it’s the only sample I have got) the script should yield better results with simpler images and shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment